Ten Fundamental Treasures Qigong Course – Glasgow
As part of their ongoing classes, San Bao School is running a Fundamental Treasures Qigong course in Glasgow. The ten-week course will commence on Wednesday 14th January 2015 at Shawlands Academy, on the South Side of Glasgow.
Qigong (Chi Kung) is the art of working with energy, your life energy. To the observer they look like slowed down aerobics but they are much, much, more than that. The external movements are there to assist the practitioner to prompt internal movement in their Qi. Waving your arms around and bobbing up and down, no matter how slowly, is not Qigong. True Qigong is only achieved when there is internal movement.
Dao Yin is used to loosen off physical tension and lessen any restriction in the movement of Qi. It is also used to stimulate the physical aspect of our body and awaken our listening to the energetic pathways (the meridians and points).
The Ten Fundamental Treasures
1. Change the Sinews (Yi Chin)
2. Uphold the Heavens to Empower the Three Burning Spaces (San Jiao)
3. Harmonising Spleen and Stomach
4. Looking Backward
5. Pulling the Bow to Shoot the Hawk
6. Shaking the Head and Waving the Tail
7. Holding the Fists Tightly and Gazing with Angry Eyes
8. Abdominal Lift
9. Jump with Toes (to Prevent All Kinds of Illness)
10. Hold the Toes and Strengthen the Kidneys
San Bao courses are relaxed and allow everybody learning at their own pace. There is no rush, no pressure, and no competition.
Qigong course details
- Location – Shawlands Academy, 31 Moss-Side Rd, Glasgow G41 3TR
- Dates – Commencing on Wednesday 14th January 2015
- Time – 8.00 till 9.00 pm.
- Type – Ten Fundamental Treasures Qigong
- Details – This class focuses on learning Qigong and having awareness of Qi flow.
- Cost – £50.00 per 10-week block, or £7.00 on an ad hoc basis.
- Instructor – Des Lawton
- Further information – ‘Phone Des on 01355266011 or use the form on the Contact Us page.