Treatment for Sciatica
There are a number of holistic, natural, treatments available for Sciatica. Here are some:
Complementary Treatment Options
Shiatsu therapy has a high success rate in the treatment of sciatica, producing a quicker increase in mobility and reduction of pain.
Sciatica that doesn’t resolve itself after a few days needs prompt professional attention.
Allopathic Treatment Options
- Medication including painkillers and anti-inflammatories
- Epidural injections where medication injected directly into the spine
- Over-the-counter painkillers
- Ice packs
- Proper posture
- Resting the back by not bending, flexing or lifting heavy weights
- Warm baths
- Sleeping on a mattress that is neither too soft, nor too hard
- Gentle exercises to strengthen and support the lower back